A lot of times when we’re mentally or emotionally stuck, we sit there trapped in the feeling of it, letting it slump us further in our chairs, shorten our breaths, make our hearts beat a little faster with anxiety.
So, one of the best remedies we’ve discovered to getting unstuck is to get moving, in one way or another. If you can start to shift your physical energy, it immediately shifts your mental and emotional energy as well. So rather then staying stuck in that feeling of frustration or indecision, you can get up and literally, shake it off!
In today’s Maven Minutes we share our Five Fave ways to get unstuck by shifting the energy in your (bodacious) body:
Here are the five fave things we talk about (and try out) in the video for shifting our stuck energy:
- Four Count Breathing: a super quick remedy to send oxygen deep into your lungs and bloodstream, slow your heart rate, calm your nervous system and help you get out of your head. Inhale to the count of 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for 4, hold your breath out for 4. Repeat 2-3 times then return to natural breathing.
- Tapping or EFT: A stress-releasing technique where you literally tap on energy meridians in your body- has instant calming effects. For more info and a how-to to try it yourself, check out this video.
- Shake it off: (or bounce or jump around) Jarring movements like that not only release stored up anxious energy, they reduce built up adrenaline and cortisol from your body to help you loosen up and calm down.
- Stretching: Stretching seems so obvious but we often forget the obvious solutions right in front of us! Take a minute to do your favorite stretch right now. We illustrate our faves in the video for tight hamstrings and slumpy shoulders.
- Dance Party! No doubt about it that shaking your booty is an instant mood enhancer. Turn it up and dance like nobody’s watching and it has the benefits of all the above techniques combined- good for your body, soul and brain!